Spread the Word – YOU Can Help Solve the Digital Divide
The federal government has released 7 billion dollars in Emergency Connectivity Funding (ECF) for home computers and internet for students. It was just announced during summer, most smaller schools do not know about it, and schools need to apply during summer vacation — deadline August 13.
ECF is getting administered through the E-rate program, however they changed the rules and now all schools qualify. We need to tell schools that they can apply even if they didn’t previously qualify for E-rate.
The application requires schools to state the need for home connectivity. Digital Wish has a free needs analysis survey for schools. A single-link survey can be sent through the Emergency Parent Notification System (used for snow days) to collect data while school is out.
Please share free resources:
- Media Kit – Sharable artwork, newsletter stories, social posts, and videos here.
- Step-By-Step Instructions for schools to Apply at www.digitalwish.org
- In Depth Webinars on funding, on-demand here.
- Free Survey for Needs Analysis – in Step 2, register here. Read more here.
- We have a 4-man team ready to talk schools through the application process, contact me Adrian Woodrow: Adrian@digitalwish.org, 689.777.3247.