We’re Hiring – Anchorage, AK
Position: Associate Staff in Anchorage, AK
Salary Range: $20.74-$23.99 Per hour, Depending on Experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Unit Description and/or Conditions Unique to Assignment:
NEA-Alaska is a 11,000+ member association that represents K-12 teachers and education support professionals across the State of Alaska. NEA-Alaska has three regional offices; in Anchorage, Juneau, and Fairbanks.
This position primarily provides support to the Anchorage Office in an administrative capacity. Primary duties would include but not be limited to: greeting in-person visitors, answering calls, satisfying information requests, database management, record keeping, developing and producing materials, supporting UniServ Directors (field staff), the Anchorage Education Association and the Communications Director.
This position requires excellent computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office and Google Suites for word processing, database management, and spreadsheets. A successful candidate will also have excellent communication skills, the ability to learn new programs, and the willingness to work as part of a team.
(a) General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front desk support
- Database management
- Professional communication with public and members
- Local support for Communications and Trainings (event planning, catering, social media graphics, etc.)
- Website support (posting graphics, updating lists/links/posts and calendars)
- Opens and distributes the mail
- Creating fliers, Google forms, and other documents
- General Member Benefit information
- Supports local associations with membership reconciliation
- Serve as contact for property management, office equipment, supply purchases, and basic banking operations
- Support to locals for monthly meetings and elections
- Support and advance the NEA-Alaska mission, goals, and priorities
- Provide other duties as assigned
(b) Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- May require occasional overtime
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associate Degree or above desirable
- High attention to detail
- Great multi-tasker
(c) Preferred Experience:
- Experience working in a fast paced office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word and Excel)
- Graphic design and content creation
- Previous office and multi-line phone line experience
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) system experience
- Experience with Google Docs, Forms, Sheets
- Experience using Canva or other design software
- Social Media experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Knowledge of public education system
Apply by Email:
Apply by Mail:
4100 Spenard Road
Anchorage, AK 99517
Applicants must submit a completed NEA-Alaska application and a current resume and three (3) letters of reference.
Applications will be reviewed on March 15th, 2023. The position is open until filled.
This position is in a bargaining unit represented by NSO-Alaska. Salaries are established by a collective bargaining agreement. Step placement and benefits are determined by the NEA-Alaska/NSO-Alaska Agreement. Eleven-step salary schedule currently advances to $35.50 per hour. Generous benefits package including family health insurance, retirement plan, sick and annual leave, and paid holidays.
NEA-Alaska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or disability.